Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Happy Wednesday!

Last Tuesday was a beautiful day for the Activity Extravaganza! The event was a big success as kids came during all three lunch periods to check out the various clubs and activities at P-CEP. Here are some pictures: 



If your student missed it, they can still check out all the P-CEP clubs/activities HERE. The document lists advisers and room numbers. Students can email the club adviser for meeting dates and more information.


Upcoming events
Monday, September 18th:
Tuesday, September 19th: 
Wednesday, September 20th:
Thursday, September 21th: Deadline for Juniors to register for PSAT/NMSQT - See a few posts back for registration information. Chromebook distribution resumes and continues through next week. Click HERE for detailed information
Friday, September 22th: 

Friday, September 29th: Adjusted schedule for Pep Rally.  Classes are approximately 43 minutes.  Schedule will be released soon. 


Hello, my name is Steve Rooney I am teaching chemistry. I have taught chemistry at the high school level for 12 years , and at the community college level for 5 years. I earned my degrees from the University of Illinois @ Chicago, and I am currently working on a PhD at Wayne State.

I recently picked up a motorcycle hat is in somewhat disrepair, my goal is to get it running during winter, and then go on a road trip over the summer. Professionally I would like to work towards becoming a Google Educator this year.

I have been married to Deb for 15 years , and we have two daughters Emily (14) and Abigail (11). Spare time... What is that? I am constantly working on remodeling projects around the house, recently finished a pergola and am currently working on a master bath/walk in closet. When not constructing/making/mending things, I like to lie in my hammock reading a book.

I have just started Ignition by John Clark,. The book is about the development of rocket fuels, good solid facts, but most importantly quite funny.


Did you know that there are many opportunities to volunteer at P-CEP?  Parents can volunteer to help in the book room, lunch, clothing bank, library, school office, senior breakfast, senior party, school committees, etc. If you are able to help out and donate some of your time, please fill out this brief  FORM indicating the specific area you would like to volunteer. Thanks in advance!

Did you know that Infinite Scholars is conducting a College/Scholarship Fair at Canton High School on October 10th from 4 - 8 pm? The event is free - students will only have to register via the Infinite Scholars' website. Students are asked to bring multiple copies of transcripts, ACT/SAT test scores, letters of recommendation, an essay titled "Why I want to go to college", and a resume. Check out this FLYER for more information. The website is http://www.infinitescholar.org/